Blog Post 5: Julieta Kirkwood was born on June 3, 1943 in Santiago, Chile. She studied Sociology at the University of Chile and obtained her PhD in Political Science at the University of Heidelberg, Germany. She is known for her influence on the feminist movement in Chile and for her work in the sociology of gender. Her life and work focused on the defense of women's rights and the analysis of the power structures that perpetuate gender inequality. She founded the “Centro de Estudios de la Mujer” (CEM), a institution in the investigation of women 's rights in Chile. For me, Julieta is important in the vindication of women in Sociology, and I also consider her brave woman and one of the most important sociologist in Chile, proposing gender issues in the middle of the military dictatorship, actively participating in the promotion of women's rights and in the visibility of gender inequalities in Chilean society.
Blog Post 4: This is the photo of the creation of an agro-park in the Zúñiga School located in San Vicente de Tagua Tagua where you can see large hectares of flora. On Friday, October 20th with some classmates we traveled to this place to participate in a volunteer program organized by Professor Manuel Canales in order to rebuild this place. The main idea is that when the place is completely clean, students can have outdoor classes, learn about environmental issues and understand that knowledge is not only inside of a classroom. This is extremely important to me, as I believe that real knowledge is seen in practice or rather in nature. I believe that traditional education leaves aside this important part of personal and academic education, and I would have liked to have such beautiful places in the school where I studied.
a very important woman
ResponderEliminar